• Breaking News

    When Will Smith borrowed $10,000 from a drug dealer


    Hollywood star Will Smith has revealed that he borrowed  $10,000 from a drug dealer in the early 1990s due to his failure to pay taxes and economic hardship.

    During the promotion of his autobiography 'Will' at the Savoy Theater in London on Thursday, Smith talked to actor Idris Elba on a show about his financial problems after he became famous.

    According to a report in The Insider, Smith said on the show that he did not know the attitude of the British government towards tax matters but US governments take tax matters very seriously.

    In a video obtained via Metro, Smith adds: "So Uncle Sam wanted his money ... I didn't forget to pay taxes, I just didn't pay."

    "I had to sell everything," he said. I knew my new life, whatever it was, was going to happen in Los Angeles. "

    "So I borrowed  $10,000 from a friend of mine who sells drugs in the neighborhood," Smith said with a laugh.

    Will Smith declared himself almost bankrupt but then moved to Los Angeles, where he starred in The Fresh Prince of Bell-Air.



    No comments